LAST UPDATED: 2022-12-26
At Accessibility Cloud AB, we wholeheartedly embrace the principles of sustainability and social responsibility. These core values not only shape our business strategy but also permeate every facet of our operations. Our commitment to responsibility extends to our clients, employees, and suppliers, as we work towards creating an organization that resonates with all stakeholders.
Our targets to reduce our environmental footprint:
- 100% renewable energy
- Water positive by 2030
replenish more water than we consume by 2030
certification by 2030
deforestation from new construction
Accessibility Cloud AB is deeply dedicated to environmental responsibility, which is an integral part of our corporate and social responsibility framework. We acknowledge our responsibility to minimize our environmental impact while delivering top-quality services to our clients. Our environmental policy is rooted in the belief that the environment should be protected, and accessibility should be available to everyone, irrespective of their economic status.
Our commitment to environmental responsibility includes:
- Sustainable Development: Incorporating sustainability into all our activities.
- Energy Conservation: Efficiently managing energy use in our offices and during fieldwork.
- Resource Management: Promoting the use of renewable resources and sustainable resource management.
- Recycling: Prioritizing recycling wherever possible, often exceeding the legal requirements.
- Legislative Compliance: Ensuring strict compliance with EC environmental legislation, seeing them as minimum standards.
- Environmental Impact Assessment: Assessing the environmental impact of our actions on end-users and society.
We strongly believe in incorporating environmental considerations into our business planning process. We do not prioritize profit at the expense of environmental quality.
All our staff members are made aware of our environmental policy during their onboarding process. Regular updates and reminders are provided through our staff handbook. We encourage all employees to actively participate in implementing our environmental policy and to identify opportunities for further minimizing our environmental footprint.
Our directors are responsible for communicating our environmental policy to contractors, suppliers, and clients, underscoring our commitment to environmental responsibility.
Our primary environmental concerns related to our direct business operations encompass:
- Energy Usage: Including electricity for lighting, computers, and printers.
- Waste Production: Such as wastepaper and toner cartridges.
- Travel: To attend client meetings and consultations across a wide geographical area.
- Transport: Supporting staff in minimizing private car use for commuting.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensuring adherence to environmental regulations in all business operations.
To address these concerns, we take several specific measures, including:
- Energy Efficiency: Conserving energy by switching off electrical equipment and lights when not in use, investing in insulation, and employing heat-saving devices.
- Equipment Depreciation: Considering environmental impact when making investment decisions for new equipment.
- Waste Recycling: Recycling waste resources, such as toner cartridges, paper, and office supplies, exceeding legal requirements.
- Staying Informed: Keeping informed of developments and legislation regarding environmental protection, waste management, pollution prevention, conservation, and preservation.
- Staff Training: Ensuring staff awareness and providing training on energy efficiency and environmental impact, fostering a proactive approach to conservation.
- Reducing Travel: Using technology for internal and client meetings, reducing the need for travel.
Monitoring Environmental Performance
We actively measure our environmental practices through key performance indicators.
- Monitoring the proportion of meetings conducted via telephone or video conferencing to reduce travel needs.
- Tracking staff commuting methods and promoting alternatives to private car use.
- Establishing annual recycling targets for office waste.
- Setting minimum standards for office supplies, such as a minimum of 75% recycled material content for paper.
Our commitment to sustainability extends to our employees’ welfare. We aim to:
- Promote professional and personal development for all staff members.
- Facilitate open communication and feedback channels.
- Promote diversity in gender, background, and nationality.
- Offer flexible working arrangements to support employee well-being, fitness, health, and childcare needs.
At Accessibility Cloud AB, we stand firmly committed to environmental responsibility and sustainability, and we continually strive to minimize our environmental impact while delivering top-tier services to our valued clients.